Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gottcha day

Well tomorrow is the big day! Two years with Emma Lin. Boy did it go by past. These past two years really have been the best of my whole life. Life was good before having a daughter but it does not compare to how great it is with her. Sure there are days when I say If only I could sleep a little more or boy what I wouldn't do to stay up late and watch TV or have a nice night out without having to worry about being home at a certain time. But that passing and I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world. I just sit here and wonder just how lucky I am to have such an amazing child that calls me mom everyday (sometimes a million times a day). Emma Lin is such a happy child, she loves gym class, T-ball, swimming, The Phillies especially Hunter Pence, Loves to learn boy is she smart I think smarter than me. Loves snuggling with me, playing with her stuff animals nad making breakfest with daddy. Loves having fun with her Aunt and cousins. Loves to turture my dad and teasing him all the time. He always says "what did Pop Pop do that you don't like him". I know she loves him, but somehow senses that teasing him is fun. Loves spending time with her grandmom and playing and snuggling with her. I rememeber this time two years ago in China not being able to sleep texting and skyping with everyone trying to find something in English to watch on TV and counting the minutes until I could see and hold my little girl. The night felt like the six months of waiting was nothing compared to these last few hours. I think I slept about 2 hours. Then finally we got the call from our guide come on down to the 2nd floor Emma Lin is here. The elevator ride from floor 8 to 2 was about 10 minutes and I am not kidding. WE thought we had our video camera filming and found out later that is wasn't. WE don't have any pics or video from the first moments but I can picture it in my mind like it was only a minute ago. walking in and seeing this little girl nervous and scared looking around and wonderin where am I? So tiny on here nanny's lap dressed in all pink with a birthday bib on. ( I kind of thought that was funny that day, but now thinking about it, It was a birthday for us as family. The nanny stood up and handed her to me and boy was she so light and tiny I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Wishing I could of known what she was thinking in the tiny little head of hers. She was comfortable with me. Snuggled up to me and showed me her badge. I don't think I have ever smiled so much like I did that day. ONly when her family from the orphange were leaving did she let out a tiny little cry, but seconds later she was fine. We had her smiling and feeding us puffs right away. She stole my husband and my hearts right away. We spoil her but she really just wants to spend time with us. I don't think she could care less if she didn't have any toys. I cannot wait to spend the day with her tommorrow and at night some of our family and friedns will celebrate with her. June 13th will forever be the best day of my life and I wish I could tell her birth parents, Thanks for bringing this special blessing into my life, that she is happy, healthy and loved so so much. Happy Gottcha day Emma Lin Glori Inch, thanks for being the best kid in the whole world I love you more than you will ever know! Happy Gottcha day to Parker, Ling LIng and Leah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment