Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas holdiay

Well Christmas day if officially over. Back to work today. This season I have felt completely different then ever before. I was extra generous to my family and strangers. After the 2 feet of snow hit my husband and I were driving home from my parents and drove past a car stuck in the snow. Normally we would of kept on driving (for many reasons one being is this just sick person pretending to be stuck just to rob us). Well we pulled into a plowed stop and went on to help this older man and women push their car onto a clear spot. They could not have thanked us enough. I really felt great about doing this. Every time I saw a red cross container I put money in, normally I walk right pass (again i aways felt is the red cross really getting this money). Not this year. I felt very giving, happy and just generous. Their are many other stories I could post about what i did different this year then ever before but I guess my point is, I have love in my heart for a daughter I haven't even met yet. I want everyone around me to feet the same kind of love and happiness. I know other parents feel this way, but I guess because I have never felt this before I didn't quite understand just how great it is . I think because I have so much love inside of me by being extra nice people will feel this way. I am not saying I never did anything nice before but I did different nice things this year for different reasons. Our nephew on my husband side has had a tough life, lots of ups and downs and lot of loss in his short 13 years of life. He could be quite a handful at times and I loose my patience with him sometimes or don't give him the attention he deserves because he is being bad or giving us an attitude. Well this year when I walk into his house I just couldn't help but hug him and give him a kiss (something I normally don't do when I see him). He could of not been more thankful for his gifts and loved everything we gave him. For the first time in the 5 years I have known him I told him I loved him. While I have been there for him and done little things for him and made sure he always had a nice Christmas' and birthdays, i never told him I loved him. Well in return he told me he loved me and gave the biggest hug and kiss. and it felt great and sad all at the same time. I felt sad because I think he yeaned this from me, I kinda like a mother figure to him. He lost his mom and grandmom and don't really have a lot of women in his life. I feel different towards him now. I really think these feeling come from us adopting. I really feel like God has givin a special blessing by allowing us to adopt a child and I have a new respect for children. I hope this feeling never goes away and only gets stronger. My hope is everyone in the world feels this great and maybe someday we won't be reading headlines in the morning paper that someone tried to bomb a plane flying over the United states.

No comments:

Post a Comment