Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Doctor's visit

I thought this was an interesting story. I had an appointment yesterday with our family doctor to get my Hepatitis's shot. It a father and son doctors office, I have always had my appointments with the son. Well this time I get the father and boy what an experience. I go back into the office and he says what are you here for. I tell him I am traveling to China hopefully in the next year. I show him the info Living Hope has giving us on what shots we should get. I tell him I want to get hep A, but don't think that i want to get Hep B. Well I get a sermon like no other. For a minute I felt like I was back in grade school at the principles office. He goes on to tell me every way possible that I could get Hep B. One which was a graphic explanation that someday I could get into a car accident start bleeding everywhere and if someone tried to help me and they were bleeding everywhere are blood could mix and get into my open wombs. I proceed to tell him I am only considering getting these shots because we are traveling, if I was not going to china i wouldn't even consider either one. Well he says I do whatever you want but you should get both. I don't think he was to happy with me that I just to get one and not the other. So now he gets out the needle and I think boy am I in a world of trouble. But surprisingly he was very gentle and it really didn't hurt at all, just felt a little burn. I did say out loud I am a bit of Sissy when it comes to needles and his reply was it really is mind over matter (in a very sarcastic way). I am hoping that he really had a bad day and this is not his usually bed side manor. I have to go back in six months so i will see if her is any nicer. But for anyone considering getting the shot it really was not big deal. for about 2 seconds it felt a little warm sensation and then went away. Today my upper arm is a little sore. the soreness is really just to touch nothing to uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment