Friday, July 9, 2010

CHOP appointment

Well I had my first visit to CHOP. I had fun playing with Amy, Amy did some exercises with me to test my levels of speech, physical and mental development. I need some physical therapy to help me using my stomach muscles and upper legs, but she was happy that I am walking almost by myself. My speech is coming along really good and she is going to recommend speech therapy but she is not sure if we will be able to get it because I am doing good. My mental development is great and right on target for my age. All in all that part of my exam went good. Next we meet with my Doc and she seemed really nice, but of course I had to put up a little stink because I really just like when my mom holds me. But the good news is she said my heart and lungs sounded great. All my bones felt good and my eyes look good. So I got an A+ for that part of the exam. Which made my mom and dad real happy. But soon their happiness went away,because we were off for blood work. Again I had a hard time with the nurses holding my arm down and poking this crazy needle in my very tiny arm. So I cried alot and mommy and daddy were getting said. Well after a while the nurses could not get any blood out of my arm, so now I had to get another needle in my other arm. Oh boy was I upset. The nurses were really nice though they let daddy give me a bottle and fall asleep. But I am to smart for them and woke up as soon as the nurse touched me. Well after some time of moving this crazy needle around in my arm they got a couple tubes of blood, but not enough to run everything that needed to. So after a couple weeks I have to go back and get more taken. I hope my mom can handle that again she is very sad when i get sad. But she knows that it is only for my health that I have to go thur all of this. Sorry we don't have any new pics, mommy is working on getting the computer fixed so everyone can see how big I am getting. My hair and nails are growing like crazy and I gain 2lbs since gottcha day. I am in the 50 percent tile on the American growth charts,which our doctor is very happy about. She told us if I gain weight that is ok but she is happy with the weight i am now. So a little less Cheerios and snacks.

Also this week my mom, grandmom, grandpop and babchi (greatgrandmom) took me to the aquarium and I had so much fun looking the fish. I really loved the shark tank, it was so neet to watch them swimming all around me. That's all for now! talk to you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Poor baby. It's so hard when they tell you that they couldn't get enough blood. My first daughter is missing a vein in her leg and as an infant they would draw blood from the heels. She would just scream. She could be missing others; that was discovered during leg surgery. It always hurt me as much as it hurt her, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember that day too well. Those nurses stuck me so much, I thought I was going to die! They didn't get enough blood from me either. But, they should've with as many times as I got stuck!!! And, I had to see a heart doctor that day and have more tests with him too! Hope you are sleeping well and enjoying your new Mommy and Daddy. Hope to meet you soon. Are you going to be at the Great Wolf Lodge in August? I want to play with you!
    Love, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, the blood work! Hannah had to go back too. They placed heating pads on her little arms to try to raise up the veins...it was almost two hours of complete torture!! It went better the next round. Sounds like Emma Lin is doing so well. Great job mom and dad :) We love the folks at CHOP. Hannah doesn't go anymore, but we loved Dr. Farber and Amy, wonderful people. Wishing you well...we have been thinking of you.

    Love,
    The Beals

    ReplyDelete