Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Adventure







We are on our way home from getting some pictures taking at Sears of me wearing this cute little dress and I can hear my mom talking to my da-da. Grandma is in the front seat trying to turn around so she can play with me. As I try to entertain her, I listen to what mom is saying to da-da.
She mentions something about Great Adventure and tells him there is a promotional offer. From the speaker on her phone I hear him say "It's Tuesday and you want to take the baby to great adventure tonight!" His excitement about this Great Adventure place gets me going and I start laughing.
Grandma takes all the credit for my chuckles, she thinks she is making me laugh. It is a realistic thought because she always makes me laugh. I love my grandma, she's the best grandma I have. Earlier in the day she bought me a bib that had a turkey on it that said "grandma's little gobbler". Pretty soon all my clothing will have some reference to grandma on it. My da-da has some shopping to do if he wants some free advertising. I smile and blow grandma a rasberry which sends her into hysterics. I love entertaining my family, they are such a good audience!

I am feeling a bit sleepy right now and thinks it is time to wrap up the show. My mom takes the cue and gives me the magic white sleeping potion and that is the last thing I remember until I open my eyes and see da-da hovering over my in my bar-bed. He gives me a few minutes before he scoops me up into his strong arms. (I think he works out when I'm not looking) The floor boards creek as we make our way down the steps and my smile stretches out to my waiting ears. Mom is before me, my mom is before. My metal arms are pulled for towards her magnetic body and into her arms I go.

They start talking about Great Adventure and off we go to this place I have been hearing about all day. The drive is nice and surrounded by miles of trees. We pull into this huge area where cars are everywhere. There must be hundreds of babies at this place. I cannot contain myself and raise my hand in excitement. "Da. Da. Da!" I scream. My da-da turns and screams back a single "Da!". I do not know what he is saying because I don't know what I am saying.

We leave the truck and head toward the entrance to this Great Adventure place. Once we are inside my eyes do not stop moving. Everything is amazing, all different foods, colors, sounds, people, smells and things fill my senses. It is an awesome place. We head for this place called the Tiger Show only to arrive 1 minute past showtime. We do not get to see these tiger things and instead we make our way to the flying elephant ride.

My da-da decides that it is best that he stay on the ground and hands me to my mom for a ride through the sky. We sit in our little elephant and go around in a circle, up and down, round and round. I cry when we start moving but soon we start bouncing, and bouncing, and bouncing. Up and down we go as we go around in a circle. I can not say for sure but I think my mom has something to do with the up and down part of the ride. She has her hand on this stick and keeps moving it around.

All of a sudden the elephants tire and slow down to a stop. They need a break and Da-Da mentions something about a ferris wheel. We walk through the park passing a spinning object along the way. It has horses on it that also go up and down. I point at the horses and say "Da". My mom once again scoops me out of my dad's arms and heads towards the spinny thing. She plops me on a horse all by myself and I have no other option but to freak out. I do not have the qualifications necessary to ride a horse all by myself. Mom stands there and holds me but I use my baby wiggle powers to crawl into her arms. The ride is cut short for some reason and we are the first to leave the spinny things. The animal I was near in got tired really quick.

We make our way to this giant wheel in the sky. My da-da says "here is the ferris wheel". I do not know what he is saying and bend over to pick up some neat rocks that are on the ground. A strange man talks to me and I blow him a kiss. My mom and dad laugh so I blow kisses to everybody. We go for a ride on the big wheel which is very exciting. It goes around and around. Since it is not animal powered, we spin for a while.

On our way out we had the oppurtunity to meet this very nice yellow bird and this daffy looking duck. Neither one of them say anything which I think is rude considering the crowd of people that is there to talk to them. The yellow bird and duck take their picture with me and we decide it is time to leave. I really like Great Adventure. As we leave I look up and see this tall racetrack and wish we had time to go on it. I think to myself, maybe tomorrow we will come back and ride the roller coaster. Whatever that is, it looks like fun! I would stay but I have to get mom and da da to bed, it is already past their bedtime.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like Emma had a great time taking Mommy and Da Da to Great Adventure! If you every come down to Dutch Wonderland, let us know because we have season passes. Parker loves rides! He would go on rides all day if we let him!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle and Ryan,
    You don't know us but we are also adopting through China SN program and just got matched with a little girl also from Zhangshu orphanage. We would love to talk or email and ask you some questions-(if you don't mind)our girls probably spent time together! our email is lisabaker3@gmail.com- thanks
    Dennis and Lisa Baker
    PS Your little Emma Lin is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking back on our blog and saw your post. Is your adoption final?

      Delete