Sunday, August 29, 2010

Some cute stories

Well it been interesting to say the least since we brought home Emma Lin. I knew we would get some rude comments or questions from people, but this past week two different little kids had some funny and cute questions.
First was at my friends son birthday party. there were about 10 kids there aging about 5 and 6 years old. There was a little boy adopted from Korea there. About the time the party was dying down a little girl came over to me and said
you little baby is so cute
ME: Thanks
Little girl as she is pointing to the little Korean boy "is that her brother"
ME:No
Little girl: are you sure
ME: yes honey I don't even know that the little boy
Little girl: Oh ok well your baby is cute
ME. Thanks

Thought that was pretty funny

Then a week later we were at another friends son birthday party
and this little boy came over to me and said is she (pointing to Emma) really from China
Me: yes
about 2o minutes later he was talking to Emma tring to get her to sit on his lap, he was kissing her and tring to give her a snack.
Of course Emma is just looking at this kid like he is crazy, not really sure what to do. So she just stood there for a minute then looked at me so I called her over to me and she jumped into my arms.
he then said is a really sad voice "whats wrong with her cheek" I told him about her rash and her eye.
As he listened to the answered he walked away and said again I can't beleive she is all the way from China.
When we were getting ready to leave he said bye Emma hope to see you again. Then asked me is she ok and healhly? I said yes and then he said oh ok good.
Not sure why he thought something could be wrong with her?
Kids are so cute, I am sure we are going to encounter some mean ones later on in life. But these two little ones were so sweet.

Well heres one story that took me by complete surprise. and i really don't think this was very nice.

We were at the mall (Emma, me and my mom) Emma is all dressed up in a dress with a bow in her hair.
This old lady ( normally i wanted use old lady,but this lady diserved the title) come up to me and said
"is IT adopted"
yes
" is IT a girl"
yes she is
well how much do they run you now adays?
So i just walked away how do you response to that>?????

2 comments:

  1. Well, when my first child was a baby and I was a teenage mother, I was Christmas shopping with my husband. Had my son in my arms. Was in the fabric section of a department store and these two old ladies were gossiping behind the counter. (Should have known then-my mother never gossips.) Instead of asking if they could help me, they looked at me, looked at my son, tsked and shook their heads, and said, "they just get younger every year, don't they?", agreed with one another, and went back to their gossiping. So it's not confined to adopted children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there must be something about 'old ladies' that make them say the meanest things sometimes! i've had a few myself. grrr. you did the right thing, just ignore them & walk away. there are so many sweet older women...but some just deserve the 'old lady' term. sorry you had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete