Thursday, November 5, 2009

My scare

Let me start of the story is all my pets are fine. Well I think today might of been a test for me for becoming a mom and I might of failed. Thurs nights my husband gets home from work late. So it is the only night I get to come home from work and have a few hours to myself. Well I have four pets to take care of when I get home. First I let my dog Lucy out back to do her business. In the meantime Sadie and I go out front for her to do her thing. I refill the water bowl get Sadies snack so she can take her medicine and give Lucy's treats. Go check on the cats and make sure they are alright and give them some attention. Well that's what happened tonight but somewhere in the mix of this and cooking dinner and changing in my pjs I lost track of Lucy. I thought she was outside. I remember letting her out she came back in for her treats, went upstairs with me while i was getting changed and I swore (would of bet my life on it) that I let her back out. So some time passed my husband came home from work and I asked him to let her in. I heard him calling her she didn't come in, he said I am going to take a shower Lucy doesn't want to come in. Well it was getting late and cold I don't want her out there anymore I get up I am at the back door calling her and nothing She doesn't come when I call. This went on for a full minute I couldn't see her or hear her. So now I am in a panic my hearts racing I run in the house put sneakers and sweater on and go out back (our back yard is pretty big and dark plus we have an in ground pool) start calling for her waking around the pool praying she didn't fall in. So my mind starts wondering I think she died somewhere in the yard a wild animal got to her and killed her. I run upstairs make my husband get out the shower and help me look for her. He gets the flash light and goes through the whole yard no sign of her anywhere. I don't know what to do at this point I am asking St Anthony to help me find her show me a sign where she can be. In the meantime when my husband went to take a shower he brought the cat upstairs with him. Lucy and Buddy the cat (or so we thought) don't get along we never leave them in the same room together because we thought Lucy would hurt her. So my husband goes back in the house and for some reason decides to check the house for her and there she is Laying on the bed in the spare bedroom like a queen and guess who is in the bedroom with her Buddy the cat. Well instantly I start crying. I was so relieved I really thought she was dead somewhere in the yard. I am standing there crying and hugging her and she is looking at me like What I was here the whole time why are you crying. For 5 years now we have keep the dogs and cats away from one another and tonight because of my absent mind they were hanging our not even caring they were together. What a great mom I am going to be I can't even keep track of a 4 legged dog who is suppose to come when called. I guess the lesson in this check the house when you can't find the dog and don't just assume something bad has happened.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY! You sound just like me!! I have had those same panic situations with my 4 - legged children!
    WHich I think will make you a great mother!! Caring , consciencious,(sp?)
    and concerned. Maybe Lucy was just so bummed about the Phillies, she just did not feel like anwsering.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete