Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Philadelphia Phillies

Well the Phillies lost. What a great fight. I am sad that they lost but happy they had a great season. They came out with heart, They had a tuff start this season by losing Harry Kalas. I am sure that took a toll on the team he was the heart and soul of the team. The rest of the city got to mourn him but the Phillies still had to work. We battled injuries, death and even a birth this season. They were in the World Series with the New York Yankees, that says something about this team. The Yanks have a big payroll the Phillies don't players for the Yanks go there because they get paid more than their worth it. Phillies players come to this city because they want to play baseball with a city who has just as much heart as they do. I love this team they gave us a great season. Watching them I get to spend time with my family, go to games with my sister and nephew, have discussion about who stinks and who is great ( of course we all have different opinions). The Phils brought us together as family. I haven't sit down in my parents living room since I was a little girl and laid on the couch and watched a baseball game. I got to listen to my dad complain how they stink(he is their biggest fan he never misses a game but yet no matter what always thinks they stink. It is his thing) Me and my mom yell at the TV like they could here us. We are either cheering or wishing we were their coaches because we know better. My husband is off in his own world and has totally different views then anyone I know. Well Phils Thanks for a great season can't wait till April. Hopefully I will be there for opening day.

1 comment:

  1. I am with ya Danielle! And remember we are champs of the NL !!!!
    Maybe soon you will have a little boy or girl sitting on the bleechers with you. I am glad you are looking into specials needs! It can be so very minor.
    Have a great weekend!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete