Thursday, April 15, 2010

our quite little birthday dinner in honour of Emma Lin






My sister Debbie and nephew Nicky along with Bill went out to dinner tonight to celebrate Emma's Birthday. We went to a local Chinese restaurant. When I told the lady working at the counter why we were her she got very excited. She couldn't of been more happy for us. She thought Emma was so beautiful but looked liked a boy ( I am pretty sure she meant it as a compliment). She taught me a few more Chinese words and even gave the right way to pronounce Emma Chinese name. Qi sounds like a hard T and Fu pretty much sounds the way it is spelled. Gave me some tips on the food in China and wants me to bring Emma in when we get her home. The night was nice. My parents were on vacation and couldn't be there but Emma got her first birthday presents. My parents got her a charm bracelet. My sister and Nicky got her a Phillie Phantic onesie and Phillies slippers. We had birthday cake for dessert and my husband bought a card for her scape book. The day was nice, but would of been better if we were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment