Tuesday, October 13, 2009

About two years ago Ryan and I decided to start our own business. Well technically I wanted to start the business, Ryan had some reservations but fully supported me. I really had a great time planning my wedding and thought I would be good as a Bridal Salon owner. Ryan put his trust in me and heled me getting the business up and running. We scouted locations and fell in love with this charming stone farmhouse. All hardwood floors and completely remodeled. We decided to rent for 2 years to see how things would go and make sure this is really want I wanted to do. After about 1 1/2 business was doing well and decided to buy the building. I love having the bridal store. I love going to work and everyone is always happy. I actually had a mother come in today and was so excited to be there, that she game me a hug even before I started helping her daughter. How many people can say they have a job like that. My husband is a civil engineer, he works for a landfill. He is head of the Engineer department and oversees all aspect of the company. On occasion I make him come to work with me. He enjoys it but gets nervous if he has to help a bride. One thing I can't wait for is to bring my daughter to work with me and playing dress up. I will have her in every flower girl dress. I will have her posing for pictures with veils and dresses. (watch she be a total tomboy and hate dresses). While we both have bad days at work, we do love our jobs.
If any one is in need of a dress and live in the area stop in. Our website is www.sadiesbridal.com
We carry bridal gown, bridesmaids, Mother of the Bride and flower girl dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment