Monday, October 12, 2009

Deb,Mom,me,Dad and Nicky

Deb,friends of ours, Nicky and Me at the Phillies home operner 2009

As we are preparing for our adoption, I thought I tell everyone a little about our families. My parents are now semi retired. They own their own Seafood retail restaurant for over 30 years. Before that my grandfather started the business until he sold it to my father. I worked their until 2 years ago when me and my husband started our own business. We opened up a bridal shop. When I left my parents retired and my sister now runs the business. My parents had two daughters, my sister Debbie who has one son and me currently waiting for our first child. We had a pretty close knit family I guess because of the business we got to see each other every day. We always and still do have family dinners and love to watch Phillie's game together. We are a baseball family. My dads loves watching games but does not like to go to the games. My sister, nephew Nicky, Ryan and I go to many games together. My nephew Nicky just started high school and so far he likes it. Both me and my sister whet to the same high school as him and we are amazed that he has some of the same teachers as we had. My sister is 11 years older than me so the same teachers were there in 82,93 and present. My mom battled with colon cancer and is now 5 years in remission. It was a long battle of surgeries and treatment but thanks to our wonderful family members helping out on a daily basis everything went smoothly and my mom had wonderful support system. I will post some pics of my family.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything will work out for the best! I'm rootin for your family. =)

    ReplyDelete