Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our adoption journey

After we celebrated our 2ND anniversary we started to talk about the adoption process. We now knew that we could start the process. We googled China Adoptions and found Living Hope. We liked the idea that they were so close to home. Living Hope was celebrating Chinese New Year and had an open house at a local Chinese restaurant. Ryan and I took a ride and meet the staff of Living Hope. Sam explained everything to us and Sarah had went over the details of the planning process. We really felt comfortable with the staff and handed in our application the following week. In the mist of the paper chase and the online classes we decided to buy the building we were renting that our business was located at. So the stress started. Tyring to get the classes done, gather the paper we needed. Well we were lucky enough to purchase our building at a fair price and get our adoption started. Things were looking good, we passed our medical exam with fling colors and now the home study. We met with Sarah and she made the process pretty simple. We were very at ease and it was nice to have some more of our questions answered. Our home study report was done and off to immigration for our fingerprints. I thought the day would never come and one day I opened up the mailbox and there it was, our approval for adoption from immigration. I immediately took the papers to Living Hope, I didn't even want to wait one day for the papers to get there. When I walk in, no Sarah she was on vacation. So we had to wait for her to get back to work before we could send out paper work out for translation. When she got back everything was sent out and we received our Log In Date about 6 weeks later. So August 6, 2009 is our official date from China and the waiting begins again. So now we are reading other people's blog, meeting other families who are waiting and researching everything I can about China. Hoping that our daughter will come sooner than later. Tossing around girls name and talking my mom and sister out of buying everything they see for little girls. While I am tempted to buy really cute things I do stop myself. My husband thinks it is bad luck to buy things to early. Even though I did buy one thing that I could not pass up. A plaque that read "my prince has come and his name is daddy". I gave it to my husband for our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment