Sunday, March 7, 2010

getting ready for Travel





Well today I have off for the first day in about a month. So I am taking full advantage of the day to get some things together for our trip to China. Ryan and I went shopping yesterday to get all the medicine they our friends and agency suggested we bring with us. So now we have a little box of medicine for both Emma and us. We bought all our travel shampoo, soaps razors and etc. We went shopping also for our gifts to give to the nannies, caretakers and our guides. We heard they like to get chocolate so we purchase different Hersey's candies with these cute Disney bags. When I get to China I will fill up the bags and tie them with some ribbon. We also bought Phillies hats and flip flops. One Yankee cap because the day Emma was born we got her newspaper from China and the sports section was about the Yankees no other baseball team but them so we figured they must like the stinking Yankees. we also bought them a hat with the liberty bell. I am also going to get them a couple sets of earring and necklaces from the bridal shop. We have to find out exactly how many gifts we should bring to make sure we have enough. One thing we were told was not to bring anything made in China, well the hats and flip flops both were. It is very hard to find items not made in China. But the candy and jewelry won't be made in China. We finished up all the painting in the nursery, so here are a couple pics before the crib and decorations go in. We ordered our crib and furniture, which my parents and sister bought for us. What a wonderful gift they are giving us. They place we got it from said it won't be in till April so it will be some time before we can finish the room up. My sister is letting me borrow her changing table and rocker from her son. Which will be really nice. I like having something from my nephew. We went out yesterday to try to find Emma the same toys that are in her pics from the orphanage but no luck. We did find one ball that was the same but we really want to find a drum that rolls with a handle on it. It seems she really likes this toy and would to have it at home for her when she get here. Hopefully we will be able to find it in China if we can't find one here.

1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks really cute so far! I was zooming in on your medical box to see what you had in there that I should go get yet! I got *most* of what we need...I think...I just don't know how we're going to fit everything in that I want to bring! Still hoping for our TA this week so we can leave in March still!

    ReplyDelete