Monday, June 21, 2010

Hi Its Emma again and boy did i have a bad day today. It started out great, I woke up at 6am. I like getting up early because I know my mom and dad like to sleep late, but as soon as I make a peep they are jumping out of bed and picking me up out of my crib and start playing with me on the bed. After our morning routine, Iwent to breakfast with da da, mom had to stay in the room and wait for a phone call from our guide Helene. So as I was enjoying my scrambled eggs and french toast, mom got bad news. The US consulate would not approve my waiver to wait until I got home to get my vaccines. So off to the medical center we went. Little did I know we were going back to this crazy place with a bunch of sick people and crazy doctors grabbing at me. My dad carried me the whole way and mom and Helene followed behind. I don't think mom wanted me to see her crying. I fell asleep because my parents gave me some tylenol to help with the pain. So we waited, and waited while mom and dad fought some more. Made some more phone calls and even lied a little to help me not get 7 needles. So thanks to this cousin Rose I have yet to meet, she suggested I might be allergic to raw egg and therefore I only to had to get 6 needles instead of 7. So one needle in each arm and two needles in each leg. Well dad decided to be the bad guy and held me while these two mean nurses gave me the shots. I think I did pretty good considering I really don't have any meat on my bones and needles hurt. Plus I really didn't want these crazy ladies to be touching me. So I cried while mommy did her share of crying to. I am not sure why she was crying, I was the one getting the needles. Well afterwards my parents took me for a nice walk and I got to enjoy the ride. We decided to stay at the hotel today in case I ran a fever, but I didn't. Well my parents were really upset today and kept kissing me and telling me they loved me. So I thought to myself what could I do to make them happy. So I decided I'd show them that I am big and strong and no needles are going to knock me down so I walked all by self today for the first time. And boy were they happy. Even more happy then yesterday when I said turtle. My first English word beside da da. Now I am having a hard time falling asleep because I am really tired and Ionly got one nap. So hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh My - I just read about the shots! I feel so bad for that poor baby with 2 shots in those tiny legs ! How did Ryan handle it? Better than You???
    Poor thing !!! Did she ever run a fever? Maybe a long walk at night will help her fall asleep!
    I think the phillies are off tonight (I think)
    love,
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Baby! Glad you got out of at least one shot and I'm SO glad no fever. What a trooper!
    And your first steps all by yourself!? What a big girl you are! Don't worry about your Mom crying, sometimes thats what Moms do...it makes them so sad to see you hurt or unhappy...and Boy do Mom's worry! You'll get used to that.
    Can't wait til you get home. There's lots of people back here (big & small) sending lots of love and prayers & are excited to meet you.
    Love, Cousin Traci xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - so sorry she had to get so many shots :( When we got Abigail home, she got 7 at one time as they wanted to "catch her up" on them. She ran a fever for 3 days and was "not herself" - so if your daughter gets a fever or a little fussy - don't be alarmed. Very neat she walked for you today! Ironically, Abigail also do that for us while we were still in China and I was so thankful we were blessed to watch her learn to walk. Enjoy the sweet moment and I hope she feels better after shots soon - Sarah Eckels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Emma! Sorry you had to get all those shots:(
    You are a brave little girl! So exciting you took your first steps for mommy and daddy-that's great-way to go! Hope you have a better day today.

    Love, Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma,
    I am so sorry you had to get all those bad needles. Your mommy never liked getting them either and if I could i would take them for both of you. Sometimes mommies cry because they can't
    stand to see you hurt in any way and sometimes it's harder for the big people than the little ones. You have been on quite an adventure these last two weeks and the biggest part of your journey is just beginning. I am so glad God sent you to your mommy and daddy. You will have a very good life with lots of hugs kisses and laughs. We all love you so much and can't wait to meet you in person. I'm so glad mommy and daddy got to see you take your first steps and hear your first words. There will be many more special events in your life and we will all be there for them.
    I love you very much,
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete