Sunday, June 13, 2010

We have her and she is just perfect!

We went out this morning for some breakfast and a walk around town. we came back to the hotel around 10:30. we were meeting Echo our guide in the lobby at 11 when the phone rang. Your daughter is here come on down to the 2nd floor and meet her. Well my stomach was doing flip flops and i started shaking. Ryan is running around the room gathering up everything. We ran to the elevator and made it the 2nd floor. Walked right out the door and there she was. Oh my I just couldn't believe it. All that waiting and now it was here. This gorgeous little girl was staring at us. The director looked over our passports and handed her to me. She whimpered for about 5 seconds and then looked at me and was fine. we asked some questions and the head nanny answered all of our questions. Then we were off to our hotel room to do some paper work with our guide. Ryan filled out the paper work while I held her and talked to her and walked her around the room. She was really interested in the room. We sat on the bed with me for a little while and ate some puffs. Then it was my turn for the paper work. Ryan took her and she cried for about 30 seconds and then she was ok. After the paperwork our guide left and we had some bonding time together. we got her to laugh and talk. what a cute little voice. she seems that she likes flower and dolls. we were skyping with aunt deb, grandmom and nick. We are now leaving for the civil affairs office. I will post more tonight when she goes to bed. It great to be a mom. She is awesome. could everyone say a couple prayers for her, we got some news that her breathing isn't as good as we thought. so please keep her in your prayers that nothing happens while we are here. they said to bring her immediately to the hospital if she has a hard time breathing.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you guys! I have a tear in my eye! Prayers are going out to Emma, and I have her candle lit for her. You guys will make it home safe & sound. I just know it. Lots of Love, give her big hugs from me, Chris, Lucas & Alex! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you ! ANd I can't beleive how great ( so far ) so is doing!
    That is amazing she is smiling already for you! I love the pictures. She is just adorable with those big brown eyes and that button nose! You can tell she is crazy over her Daddy - just by the way she looks at him.
    How did she sleep the first night?
    WOW - she already likes her baths- that is great! I told you they are amazing babies! Is she the size you thought or smaller? She looks tiny sitting on Ryans lap. How is Nanchang? Is it hot there? How is your hotel?
    I will keep praying that things continue to go so smooth!!
    love, jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting here looking at her pictures and crying. I know EXACTLY the emotions you were feeling when you first met her and then holding her and realizing how long it took you to get to this point and that every long moment was worth it in the end. God Bless you all! I will ask the Angels to watch over all of you until you get home safe!! If you have any questions at all about her health, please call me, day or night!!!
    Love, Patti, Caitlyn and Ryan Omensetter

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a little late..but I'm SO happy for your guys. A tear came to my eye reading this post. What a wonderful experience. Love you all. XO Kevin & Bobby

    ReplyDelete