Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Well, well, well... tonight is my last night in China. Like everything made in China I am being exported to America. Today was a rather uneventful day. Breakfast at the buffet which I liked. Check out my usual breakfast in the photo, I'm a little piggie born the year off the cow. My mom went for tea at 10am and learned how to drink tea the proper Chinese way while the old man and myself took a 2 hour nap. He tried to pull a fast one on me by taking me for a stroll outside. That's a good way to get me too fall asleep but that is the oldest trick in the book. I woke up the second we got back to the room. I tried to tell him I needed a diaper change and a bottle. The old man doesn't understand Chinese baby talk and was dumbfounded as to what to do. After about 10 minutes he figured it out. I got a fresh pamper, hot bottle and bam, I was out. Mom showed up around 1pm and woke us both up with some hot tea. She is such a showoff. She was all prim and proper with her tea set and poured all of us some Ginseng tea. It was really good, I didn't know she was so sophisticated and cultured. Just how did my dad land her, he's a mess sometimes. So we woke up, skipped lunch and hit the pool for a swim. I'm working on the freestyle right now, or is it called the 'kick your legs'. We swam and swam some more. I went underwater for the first time (not by my choosing). I wouldn't call it a dunk because they kept saying to me "ready, ready", as they were bobbing me up and down. Next thing I know I'm swimming underwater. Who do they think I am Emma Phelps!!! After swimming I put my big people down for a nap, one on either side of me. They needed a rest. They get cranky if they don't sleep. I was a bit tired myself. It takes alot out of me to entertain them all day long. Remember, there are two of them and one of me. Nighttime came and we had one last dinner where I had tomato soup. It got all over my face. I quickly learned a new trick. It is called 'licking your lips'. I just stuck my tongue out, moved it around and got all that runaway soup back into my mouth. It was fun, my big people laughed at this so I put on a real good show. Now it is bedtime, tomorrow I get shipped out to America. I will miss all my new found friends from this place. I'd like to say bye to Parker, Ling Ling, Leigh, Chloe, Lily, and everybody here. I wish you all the best and hope to see you all again someday. As all the locals say when we leave a place, Zai Jien.

5 comments:

  1. Well I can't beleive you are coming home! Wow I can't wait to hear all about your trip. When you get all rested up ( the jet lag for me was so much worse coming home then going) anyway let us know so you can come for dinner. Bring pictures and of course Beautiful Emma!
    Take lots of pictures as you travel and have fun!
    Phillies at the moment are tied 5 to 5 with Clevland (9th inning)
    love,
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillies 7 Indians 6. Its gonna be a hot one here tomorrow with a high of 94 & scattered storms.
    So glad you're coming home! I can't wait to meet you Emma...when you're rested up & all settled in of course. I can't wait to hear of all your adventures & travels & see all the pics. Be safe & enjoy the trip home. Try not to give your Mom & Dad a hard time on the plane. LOL
    xoxo, cousin Traci and the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am crying because I am so happy for you and your big people, your mommy and daddy. Jeff and I can't wait to meet you and welcome you to the family! Its a big family so beware. Like cousin Traci said, we'll wait til you are well rested. You'll probably see my grandmother first. I hope she doesn't make you cry. Have a safe and wonderful trip to America, the land of the the home of the brave! Plus Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love! -Chrissy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the best! Danielle & Ryan, welcome to parenthood! Emma Lin couldn't have told the story better!

    ReplyDelete