Saturday, June 12, 2010

We have arrived!!!

Our first flight from Philly to Washington DC was smooth and quick. DC to Beijing wasn’t as bad as I have imagined. I slept most of the time. The half way point was a little rough knowing you still had 7 hours. United does not have a large selection of movies. I watched Dear John, and Some other movie with Mel Gibson. Of course both were real sad movies. Food wasn’t too bad. We had chicken and rice for breakfast. A cup of noodle soup for lunch. Which I thought was pretty funny. Hot soup on a plane. Then a turkey and cheese sandwich for dinner. All in all I can’t really complain about the flight. Well wait yes I can there were a group of people (Americans)on our flight that sat next to us. the way there seats were arranged they were one behind the other. Well from the minute they got on they did not stop talking and I mean talking loud. I know I am known for talking a lot and talking loud but I don’t do it on planes people want to sleep and not listen to bull crap of the people around them. So after about 4 hours of non stop talking and laughing and drinking, Ryan said to the flight attendant could you do something. And sure enough she made the whole group stand In the back of the plane. It was pretty funny. Everyone around us was so relieved. There were a couple babies and kids on the plane who were really good. You would of never even knew they were on the plane. Hopefully Emma Lin will be just as good. When we landed in Beijing well what can I say, but were not in Kansas anymore! It has to be the biggest airport I was ever in. This airport if pretty nuts. Nothing I have ever experienced. We had to go through customs in a line that read foreigners. After that we then had to collect our luggage and go to terminal 2. Mind you we were only in Terminal 3. So we had walk downstairs catch a bus and take about 15-20 minute bus ride to terminal 2. How crazy is that. Then we had to find a check in point which was pretty interesting. Well then I needed to get something to drink and we went into a airport store. Holy craziness batman it was mad ciaos in there. There had to be about 20 people working in this store that is no bigger than a gas stain stop. People buying about 20 bags of some kind of dried fruit, big boxes of tea bags and candy. Not really why they need all of this at an airport. An argument started in front of us from some man that was buying about 50 things, so we then had to go to another register and get rung out, just to find out they didn’t take credit cards or American dollars so off to another register. What an experience for two sodas. But they were only about 80 cents. We are now sitting waiting for our next flight to Nanchung. We will then check into our hotel unpack and get our gifts ready for tomorrow. One more night to we get to hold our little one. I really think reality set in once me and ryan got on the plane to Beijing. It really hit me I going to be a mom. I can’t believe the day if finally here. Well ta ta for now. More later when we get to the hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment